Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The First I Love You

So last night I was trying to think of a fun thing to post about Andrew and I. Our trip to Santa Barbara immediately popped in my head. It was a time of innocence and a fresh start. As I looked up the pictures I couldn't believe that we had gone in January!! We missed our Santa Barbara anniversary! lol. It's been 3 years since that trip.

JANUARY 17, 2005


Andrew and I took a trip up the coast to Santa Barbara to get away from crazy LA. We stayed up there for 2 days. We walked on the beach, swam and just hung out. We had officially been boyfriend and girlfriend for 2 months. But those 3 words still hadn't been said....



Our first day at the beach Andrew made our names out of sticks and drew a heart around them. I later learned that I was suppose to get the hint that "he loved me" from the heart around our names.

He soon realized that I was dense and totally didn't get it.

Later that day as we were hanging out and talking he nervously said, "I have to tell you something." He immediately said, "I love you" and then kissed me because he didn't know what I would say in return.

Can you guess what I said?? Only you romantics out there---hahaha. There began our love.







Our marriage will begin with a honeymoon in Santa Barbara, where the love began.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Very sweet story and it is good to document it here. I am sad to say that I don't remember our first I love yous. It has been so long since that day and it is sort of like we just always knew. Keep up the fun Andrew and Christine trivia.